TeenPlace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TeenPlace

A place for all people to chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*Becky*Admin
Admin
*Becky*Admin

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2006-06-13

al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack Empty
PostSubject: al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack   al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack EmptyThu 22 Jun - 13:37

"al-Qaeda planned to hijack Heathrow flights and fly planes into the airport and a Canary Wharf skyscraper, an official US report has confirmed.

Reports of the plots had previously surfaced in the media but this is the first time they have been officially confirmed.

It is believed the plots were disrupted by security services, although no arrests are thought to have been made.

The Department of Homeland Security report, dated 16 June 2006, lists nine attempts by al-Qaeda, not including 11 September, to attack aviation targets worldwide.

The original reports of a possible plot against Canary Wharf emerged in late 2004, but the details were murky and officials declined to confirm them.

In February 2003, tanks were deployed to Heathrow Airport to deal with a suspected terrorist threat, a move which proved controversial. It is not believed the deployment of the tanks was linked to the same Canary Wharf plot confirmed by the US report.

One attack named in the report, planned for the summer of 2003, aimed to use camera flash attachments as stun guns as well as cameras to disguise bomb components.

In this plot, the airliners were to be crashed into targets in the east coast of the US, Australia, Britain and Italy.

The report makes clear that al-Qaeda remains interested in attacking aviation targets and "likely desires a successful repeat of a 2001 suicide hijacking against the United States".

It lists a number of ways that it could use aircraft as weapons or target different parts of the industry. Amongst the areas of concern are the use of lasers to blind or distract pilots.

The report says the Department of Homeland Security "continues to receive information on terrorist threats to the US aviation industry worldwide; however, there is no recent information to suggest near-term operational planning may be under way within the United States".

What are your opinions to this?
It actually kinda shocked me that things are getting closer and closer to the uk these days!
xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://teenplace.heavenforum.com
devilsangel141

devilsangel141

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack   al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack EmptyThu 22 Jun - 19:11

I should think that after 9/11 they would have learned their lesson to leave well enough alone! I would be so scared if they did because I have friends and distant relations who work in Canary Wharf. I also remember the tanks at Heathrow! I'm not far from London!
Back to top Go down
http://www.devilsangel141.piczo.com
dreamer20

dreamer20

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack   al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack EmptySun 25 Jun - 18:15

appartly the police were told that an attack was gonna take place 2 yrs ago! which is now known as 7/7
Back to top Go down
http://www.piczo.com/lisa-2006 (needs alot of work done 2 it)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack   al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack Empty

Back to top Go down

al Qaeda planned Heathrow plane attack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TeenPlace :: Anything and everthing :: Debating-
Jump to: